lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2009

Sociology

This next post it’s been really difficult for me, because I’m on the first year of the degree, so I don’t know all the challenges it is facing right now, so I’ll try to tell you the things I know. If I’m wrong, correct me please.
I don’t know anything about if the sociology in my university its studying technology. I only know that we work with SPSS (statistical program for social science) that is a computer program to make a statistical analysis for quantitative investigations. Maybe it is investigated in the work sociology, but I really don’t know.
The social matters are one of the most important things on our degree, because in our society, the capitalist society, the inequalities are really big in this time, so sociology tries to help to solution this problem, by studying the social structure and the social stratification. When I went to the ALAS Congress, I heard lot of people talking against capitalism and its inherent poverty, and about the exploitation and workers, industries occupation and revolution. I don’t know more of this thing; I only know that some teachers are working on it very hard (?) in my faculty.
About education I don’t know much, I only know that this is investigated on the education degree, because they also work on social research. In the faculty I’m in, they study the Chilean education system, they critic it and things like that. I don’t know much about this, I do not know about education sociology around the world.
I think that all the problems that sociology is facing can’t be solved by a social science discipline, even if they want to. I think that the only way to change these problems is to change the whole capitalist society. The sociology can help for it, only if it doesn’t helps the enterprises interests by doing all the things they want. It can help for the society change only by giving the acknowledgement about it to the social movements, so they can use it to get a more equal, fair and democratic society. This means, destroy the capitalism (I wish)
That’s all for today, see you all.

2 comentarios:

  1. I think that this post was the most boring of the semester... because of the instruction, not for your words.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Continue hating society Patito !! I love that jeje byee

    ResponderEliminar